2018 is the 28th year of operations for this department. It is staffed with a Manager/Tribal Engineer, Housing Inspector/Advisor, Fire Safety Officer and Operations & Maintenance Technician. The “Tech Unit” was established to deal with the increased responsibilities that have been transferred to the First Nations and SCTC from Indian Affairs as a result of the devolution of technical services.
Tech Unit Services:
- Inspecting Housing/commercial constructions, repairs of existing homes and preparing written inspection reports;
- Keeping member First Nations up to date on new housing programs, policy changes, building materials and construction techniques.
Operations & Maintenance
- Assisting the First Nations in the development and implementations of preventative maintenance programs for community assets;
- Assistance in emergencies.
- Developing effective Fire Safety Programs for each community;
- Providing technical advice and training to volunteer fire departments;
- Developing and monitoring community Emergency plans.
Swampy Cree Tribal Council
The Pas, MB, R9A 1K4
Highway 10 North
Toll Free: 1-800-442-0459