The "Tech Unit" has been in operation for more than 30 years. It is staffed with a Manager/Tribal Engineer, Housing Inspector/Advisor, Fire Safety Officer and Operations & Maintenance Technician. The Tech Unit was established to deal with the increased responsibilities that have been transferred to the First Nations and SCTC from Indian Affairs as a result of the devolution of technical services.
Tech Unit Services:
- Inspecting Housing/commercial constructions, repairs of existing homes and preparing written inspection reports;
- Keeping member First Nations up to date on new housing programs, policy changes, building materials and construction techniques.
Operations & Maintenance
- Assisting the First Nations in the development and implementations of preventative maintenance programs for community assets;
- Assistance in emergencies.
- Developing effective Fire Safety Programs for each community;
- Providing technical advice and training to volunteer fire departments;
- Developing and monitoring community Emergency plans.
We want to hear from you. Please send an email or feedback to the front desk receptionist.
Swampy Cree Tribal Council
The Pas, MB, R9A 1K4
Highway 10 North
Toll Free: 1-800-442-0459
Winnipeg Office (204) 989-4800