Education & Cultural Development
The Education Counselor in The Pas and Educational Assistant in the Winnipeg sub-office will work with students to achieve success in their studies. Regular contact is maintained with students, school staff, house parents and home school coordinators to exchange information and deal with any concerns that may arise.
- Advisory Services & Assistance with SCTC Communities on First Nations Policy & Procedures.
- Develop & maintain a good working relationship with Education Institutions.
- Form an SCTC Regional networking group with community programs & departments.
- Academic & Career counseling and formal referral process.
- Establish an Annual Northern Youth Seminar.
- Re-establish Regional Education Directors meetings.
Education Counselling & Referral Services
- Education Counselor will work with post-secondary Students and community based educational institutions with career counselors;
- Educational Counseling;
- Formal referral services to/from educational institutions with career counselor;
- Information exchange on educational grants & other funding sources;
- Promote youth leadership skills & respect for themselves, their families, elders and the community.
To contact the Educational Assistant at our Winnipeg office please call (204) 989-4800.
Swampy Cree Tribal Council
The Pas, MB, R9A 1K4
Highway 10 North
Toll Free: 1-800-442-0459
Winnipeg Office (204) 989-4800